Probably the Tastiest Overnight Oats in the World!

If your local Home Bargains/ Quality Save has any of these left then grab them! I think there were a few other flavours as well but the blood orange is the one you need for these overnight oats. I make overnight oats around 3 days a week, usually for the days when I'm working in the office rather than working at home. I can make up the jar the night before and then just grab it from the fridge in the morning to eat when I get into work.


The joy of overnight oats is the infinite combinations of nuts, seeds, fruits and sweeteners you can add the oats and plant milk so it never becomes boring. Matt and I both agreed though that this was our favourite combination so far with it's delicious choco, orange flavours.


Serves 1

1/2 cup of oats
1 tablespoon of chia seeds
1 tablespoon of cranberries or raisins
1 dessertspoon of cacao nibs
3/4 cup of almond milk with blood orange (half the carton)

Method
Place the oats, chia seeds, dried fruit and cacao nibs in a glass jar and give them a good stir together.

Pour in the almond milk with blood orange and mix until it's all well combined.

Put the lid on the jar and leave it in the fridge overnight.

Enjoy!

Comments

  1. I love this idea, apparently using the Blue Diamond Almond Iced Coffee in Overnight Oats is good as well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea. I've seen it but didn't fancy it as a drink but can imagine it would be great in oats.

      Delete
    2. Iced coffee overnight oats is a brilliant idea!

      Delete
  2. Blood orange and almond milk sounds like an odd combination, but obviously it works! We don't have anything like that here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen it before and suspect might not again- it was in a discount store and is from Italy.

      Delete
  3. Agreed - I have porridge pretty much every day, with different seeds and dried fruit depending on what's in the cupboard. There's a lot of figs in there at the moment! I'm intrigued about the blood orange and milk combo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried over night oats, as I don't like porridge, but I reckon I should give it a go, I'm hoping I'll be surprised. Not sure about the blood orange flavoured milk - it sounds like it would curdle ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interview With Lisa Goddard of Lily and Dilly

Cola de Mono

Growing your own, bargains and a breakfast recipe