How To Use Up Leftover Mincemeat - Vegan Mincemeat Tea Loaf Recipe

I've you've ever looked at the Cake Liberation Front recipe blog you'll see that it's no secret that I love a tea loaf. There's recipes on there for gluten free rum and raisin Pirate Bread, Orange and Pecan Rooibos Tea Bread and Chocolate, Stout and Cranberry Tea Bread amongst others. After a mince pie fail (I left my filo pastry out of the fridge too long and it totally dried out) I had a jar of mincemeat that needed using up so I came up with this on Christmas Eve.


Vegan Mincemeat Tea Loaf

Ingredients

2 cups of plain flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of cinammon
1/2 cup of caster sugar
1/4 cup of sunflower oil
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 cup of mincemeat (I used Meridian Organic)
1 egg replacer egg (I used Orgran)
1/4 cup of flaked almonds
2 tablespoons of brandy
1 cup of soyamilk (I used blue Alpro)

Pre-heat the oven to 350F/ 180C/ Gas 4

Method

Grease and flour a loaf tin
Sieve the ingredients from the flour through to the sugar into a bowl and mix.
Add the oil, vanilla extract, egg replacer, brandy and soya milk and stir to combine.
Fold in the mincemeat.
Pour the batter into the loaf tin and scatter the flaked almonds over the top.
Bake for 50 mins covering the top with foil after 35 minutes so that the almonds don't get too well toasted.
Enjoy as it is or buttered with a non dairy spread.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview With Lisa Goddard of Lily and Dilly

Cola de Mono

Growing your own, bargains and a breakfast recipe