Rysps

I was recently contacted by a company called Plain Tasty to see if I'd like to try their new product - The Rysp. I was all too happy to especially as all their range is suitable for vegans and they are a local Manchester based company. 


Rysp either come as long crispbread or as small snack sized bites. Essentially it's a really thin crispbread which doesn't sound that exciting in itself but I must say the taste was a revelation! Creators Jonathan and Tom have looked to their Scandinavian roots using rye sourdough and carefully selected flavourings.


The long crispbreads have strong aniseed flavours from the caraway seeds and a hot kick from the black pepper and the slightly scooped shape was perfect for hummus. The bite sized Rysps come in two sizes of bag and in flavours of garlic + rosemary, caraway + black pepper and dulse seaweed + sesame. They are low in fat and calories and with only natural ingredients these make a fantastic alternative to crisps. As a new product they are adding suppliers all the time but are currently mainly stocked in the North of England although you can also find them at Vegan Tuck Box and at Infinity Foods in Brighton. You can also order them in boxes direct from the Rysp website. With new products like these and expanding crisp flavours like the Ten Acre range it's an exciting time for vegan snacking!

Comments

  1. I'm intrigued. I have never been able to bear 'normal' crispbreads' as they taste like cardboard to me lol. Can you save me a corner for the bake night? Hahaha, I know, I'm guessing they'll be all munched up or would go off by then. Looking forward to it though. Remind me on FB if poss, my brain, as you know, has a drain *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Afraid they've already gone! They list 8th Day and Unicorn as NW stockists if you get near any of those. I'd definitely get them again.

      Delete
  2. these sound great, I'm not in to crispbreads but those flavours sounds really good, especially caraway-black pepper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those flavours were so good together. I'd forgotten how much I like caraway.

      Delete
  3. I love rye flavours, rosemary and caraway, so I have a feeling that I'll be adding these to my shopping basket the next time I see them. I'm intrigued by the dulse option - could you taste the seaweed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They had a nice flavour but weren't overly seaweedy. Matt is not a seaweed fan but he liked these.

      Delete
  4. tincgisupp-ri1981 Ashutosh Parker download
    docusappsib

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interview With Lisa Goddard of Lily and Dilly

Cola de Mono

Growing your own, bargains and a breakfast recipe