Earl Grey Martini


It's almost the weekend so let's have some tea themed booze! Martinis - the most elegant cocktails of them all. The Earl Grey Martini would be perfect for an afternoon tea especially if served from a teapot! Earl Grey gets it's distinctive flavour from oil from the rind of the bergamot orange. The citrussy flavours go well with the juniper and other botanicals that flavour gin. Make the Earl Grey tea ahead of time to give it chance to cool. I used Pukka Teas Gorgeous Earl Grey tea bags to make these.


Ingredients
Serves 1

A double shot of gin
1 and a half shots of strong cold earl grey tea
One shot of fresh lemon juice
A dessertspoon of icing sugar (powdered sugar)

Place everything in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well and strain into a martini glass.

No vintage crockery today but in the background is our 1960's Swedish teak ice bucket. I bought this a few years ago as a Christmas present for Matt from an antique shop in Todmorden (just next to the fab veggie shop and cafe - The Bear). It wasn't charity shop prices but was still pretty good and I saw that one sold in an online sale recently for over five times what I paid for it!

What's your favourite type of Martini?

Comments

  1. This is actually my favourite time of martini! So much so, that when I got married, I had a gin and earl grey as my reception drink! (p.s. that ice bucket is beautiful!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea for a reception drink. I love that you had a cocktail

      Delete
  2. This sounds so good! I'm not really a fan of gin, but this might just win me over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither, it's my least favourite spirit but I did really like these!

      Delete
  3. I have the ingredients - Off to make one now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cola de Mono

Interview With Lisa Goddard of Lily and Dilly

Growing your own, bargains and a breakfast recipe