Weekend grub


It's been a nice relaxing weekend with the chance to potter around, knit, watch films and do some cooking. I've been trying for the last few weeks to do more cooking on the weekends and freeze things for later in the week. Yesterday morning I made a huge pan of vegetable bourguignon from a Rose Elliott recipe which smelled amazing and has a pint of red wine in it.


The bourguignon was served with a baked potato and I also put some sweet potatoes in at the same time. I used them to make the wonderful Sweet Potato Falafel from the cookery book by the Leon chain of healthy fast food restaurants in London. Here are the falafels before they are baked in the oven.

They made a delicious lunch with mayola, sweet chilli sauce and salad in a wholemeal pitta. I froze some too for lunches later in the week. Not forgetting sweet stuff there was also a lemon and coconut cake. I used the bundt cake recipe from Veganomicon, halved it and baked it in a loaf tin.


The Linda McCartney recipe competition has now closed. Thank you to everyone who voted for my dish. The judges are now going to make some of the dishes in the test kitchen and select 3 finalists who will be filmed making their dish and this will be show on ITV before going to an online public vote. I got an message this morning from Robin who owns The Greenhouse vegetarian restaurant in Manchester saying that they had made my Butternut Hotpot recipe and it had gone down well! I love the picture of his dish, much more photogenic than my attempt!


Comments

  1. God I love hotpot, and that one looks like I would love it soooo much! ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interview With Lisa Goddard of Lily and Dilly

Cola de Mono

Growing your own, bargains and a breakfast recipe