Manchester Christmas Market


I no longer work in the next street to the biggest of the Manchester Christmas markets, there being several sites dotted around the City Centre. However, I am still near enough to easily make after work visits.


After several postponements I made it there tonight for Gluwein with some of my lovely work colleagues. There's not usually anything for vegans to eat so I was excited to find a stall selling falafel and hummus salad wraps by the Brazenose Street Gluwein stand and it was good falafel!

I bought my tree as usual from the Dutch tree sellers. For years we had the huge inflatable Santa and his sleigh on top of the Town Hall. These days we have our South Park style light-up Santa who I like just as much.



Comments

  1. aww so Christmassy I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those christmassy pictures. If Christmas wasn't such a full on shopping frenzy I would love it loads. As it is, I just love it!

    Thanks for the kind words you left on my blog. It's both reassuring and encouraging to know that other people have made a slow transition to veganism rather than it happening overnight for them. I'm inspired to carry on. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so cool that you came to The Gallery Cafe! Hope you had a good time. Glad you liked my cakes too :) the frosting reipe is here http://biscuitsforbreakfast26.blogspot.com/2010/12/cranberry-orange-cupcakes.html I keep it in the fridge for a good 24 hours before frosting as it makes it easier to use. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interview With Lisa Goddard of Lily and Dilly

Cola de Mono

Growing your own, bargains and a breakfast recipe