Bonfire Night Ginger Cake


I made this last night. I decided to make it ahead of time as I'm out tonight and it would give it a few days to get good and sticky ready for bonfire night. It's so easy to make. You basically just chuck everything in one bowl and give it a good stir. In my oven it only needed about an hour not the hour and a half in the recipe .so keep an eye on it. The recipe can be found here on the Uncaged Campaigns website. Uncaged are a UK anti-vivisection campaigning group. As the recipe is in UK measurements I've Americanised it. I know I'm not the only UK vegan who prefer to use cup measurements! We'll be having this when we come back in from the fireworks on Friday night with some hot chocolate.




Ginger Cake (The Best I Have Ever Tasted)

¾ cup of sunflower oil

1 + 1/3 cups of dark muscavado sugaqr

1 cup of golden syrup

1 + ¾ cups of plain flour

4 teaspoons of ground ginger

1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda

½ cup of soya milk

1 tablespoon of cider vinegar


Method

Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4. Grease an 8 inch square tin.

Stir together the oil, sugar and golden syrup until smooth. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly.

Bake for 1 to 1 and a half hours. Check after the first hour and if it needs longer cover with foil and keep checking.

Remove from the oven when done and cool on a wire rack.


Comments

  1. Mmm that looks delicious and so simple! Good chances I'll be making this tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can never get enough cake of the vegan variety!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't eat (almost) nothing with ginger, I like it when it's really really just a few of it on the food.

    PS. Go Vegan MoFo!

    PS 2. Thanks a lot for the link about the Pizza Express. I'm voting and spreading the word!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely trying this. Ginger Cake is my favourite! I always wanted spice cake for my birthday cakes when I was a kid, when all of my friends wanted chocolate or that kind from a box with little red bits in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow that sounds yum and really simple!! Hope you're feeling better now xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow this looks amazing! Ginger cake is my favourite! I definitely prefer to use cup measurements for most things. It's not as exact but takes up way less space on my tiny kitchen counter than a set of scales. It's quicker too! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds perfect for fall and looks easy to make. I'm putting this on my "to make" list :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cola de Mono

Interview With Lisa Goddard of Lily and Dilly

Growing your own, bargains and a breakfast recipe