February Comfort Food

The other day I had friends round for tea. It was a week night so nobody wanted a late one. I prepared the filling for our ale and mushroom pie the day before so when I got home from work I just had to warm it up and pop the puff pastry crust in the oven along with some roasted new potatoes and veggies.

The recipe is very simple and can be found here at Vegan Village alongside loads of other great ones. The mushroom and chestnut wellington is another favourite for a vegan roast dinner.

Pudding was even more easy peasy. I ordered some amazing gourmet chocolate bars from the Chocolate Tree in Edinburgh. The service was super speedy and the chocolate was superb. They do so many dairy free bars that it was hard to choose but in the end I went for Seasalt and Caramel, Bramble and Cardomon and Rose Pepper. I liked them all but I think the Bramble and Cardomon was my favourite.

Of course we couldn't have chocolate without dessert wine. My friend brought a bottle of Villa Rosa Rivesaltes that was older than us!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview With Lisa Goddard of Lily and Dilly

Cola de Mono

Growing your own, bargains and a breakfast recipe